The Moment You Walk in the Door: Creating Spaces of Welcome for 2SLGBTQIA People
A Partner Workshop Series With anya gywnne
The Moment You Walk in the Door: Creating Spaces of Welcome for 2SLGBTQIA People is a dynamic workshop that contextualizes current day issues experienced by marginalized sexual orientations, gender diverse and intersex clients, patients, and customers that are coming into your agency, organization, or business. We will discuss intersectional identities, explore the Social Determinants of Health and countering systemic bias, clarify terminology, address issues related to gender identity and expression, and share best practice tips to create welcoming spaces. This is an interactive workshop that aims to provide a non-judgemental experience, to engage and ask questions related to personal and professional development.
- More informed on language and current issues that affect 2SLGBTQIA individuals.
- Develop best practice approaches to care for a growing demographic.
- Understand gender identity and expression and strategies to avoid lateral violence.
- Learn ways to deal with making mistakes… because we all make mistakes.
- Enjoy learning about sex and gender.
Visit Our Training Calendar for Upcoming Dates
Other Workshops for Helping Professionals