The Inside Scoop: A Forum on Lived Experience Engagement and Advisory Work in Peterborough
$0 – $20
Wednesday, June 21, 2023 | 1:00 – 4:30 PM EST
Hosted via Zoom. Participants will be able to attend online or call in over the phone.
Join us for a forum about some of the different ways organizations in Peterborough, Ontario are integrating and uplifting lived experiences. The goals for this forum are:
- To give examples of lived experience engagement and advisory work happening in Peterborough.
- To help establish new connections and collaborations between initiatives, People With Lived and Living Experience (PWLLE), and service providers.
- To provide opportunities to ask questions and engage across disciplines and sectors.
The purpose of this forum is to highlight some of the lived experience advisory work happening in our community. We will likely run a second forum later this year with a focus on organizations who hire PWLLE as employees.
- The Safer Supply Program’s Lived Experience Advisory Committee
- The Peterborough Drug Strategy’s Lived Experience Advisory Panel (LEAP)
- PARN’s KT6 CREW
- Lived Experience Engagement at One City Peterborough
- CMHA’s Lived Expertise Advisory Panel
- General Admission: $20.00*
- Admission for PWLLE: Free
*Plus Eventbrite’s fee.
Who should attend this forum?
This forum is designed for community members and helping professionals in Peterborough City and County who are interested in learning more about lived experience engagement and advisory work.
How many people can attend?
Registration for this event has been capped at 100 participants.
Will I receive a certificate for attending?
Yes, you will receive a certificate of attendance after participating in the forum and filling out an evaluation.
Will the forum be recorded?
Yes, the forum will be recorded so long as there are no objections from presenters or attendees. Additionally, any relevant slides and handouts will be sent out as well.
What is your refund policy?
We can offer refunds up to seven days before the event. Eventbrite’s fee is nonrefundable. After this period, we can accept substitutions. If we must cancel the event, you will receive a full refund. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
Who can I contact with further questions?
If you have an accessibility request or any other questions, please contact the QoC Project Lead at or 705-927-3448.
The cost of this forum has been subsidized through a partnership with the Peterborough Drug Strategy and its members. Additionally, local participants can contact us to apply for a bursary.