Strategies for Supporting a Loved One Who Drinks
Level One Core QoC Workshop
This interactive and engaging workshop builds the capacity of friends and family members to help understand drinking beyond Canada’s Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Guidelines and/or alcohol dependency, and how best to support their loved one(s). This course builds an understanding of alcohol use beyond the daily recommended limits, understanding addiction, and strategies for supporting a loved one.
- Gain an understanding of the continuum of alcohol use and low-risk drinking guidelines.
- Develop an understanding of why individuals may use alcohol.
- Develop learning around how individuals make changes through the Stages of Change model.
- Learn how to set and maintain healthy boundaries.
- Develop ways to communicate to your loved one in an open, non-judgmental communication style.
- Learn about resources in Ontario that can provide support to your loved one.