Youth, Drugs, and the Law
Level One Core QoC Workshop Series
This interactive and engaging workshop provides information and practical skills to parents, teachers, and/or anyone in a position of supporting at-risk youth. Participants gain an understanding of strength-based, trauma-informed, and youth-centered approaches with regards to youth substance use and the law. Additionally, this workshop contains a short presentation and Q&A with a Community Service Officer from the Peterborough Police.
- To learn how to assess if a youth may be at-risk of developing a dependence on drug use.
- To gain information on different substances and the risks associated with use.
- To gain an understanding of support and interventions for youth who are in active substance use.
- To discuss strategies and supports for helping prevent youth from becoming involved with the law.
- To learn about the Youth Criminal Justice Act and its purpose to help our youth.
- To gain an understanding of what it looks like once a youth has been arrested.
- To gain an understanding of when and how to approach youth.
- To gain skills that help us build a positive and caring connection with youth.
- To learn what your role can look like when supporting a youth.