Allyship, Anti-Racism, and White Fragility
CRRC and KHCAS Partner Workshop Series
This two-part workshop series will examine the concepts of whiteness and white fragility, with a particular emphasis on the ways they impede our ability to have meaningful and authentic discussions about race. Armed with this knowledge, this workshop aims to help participants examine their own fragility and what they can do differently going forward. This workshop is delivered in two sessions and will involve facilitated learning, as well as large and small group discussions to deepen your understanding. Participants will be encouraged to get comfortable with discomfort!
- Learn about the concepts of whiteness and white fragility.
- Examine the ways in which white fragility impedes our ability to discuss issues of race.
- Recognize and mitigate reactions of discomfort and defensiveness associated with white fragility.
- Uncover tools for engaging in authentic discussions about race.
- Early Bird Ticket for Peterborough-Based Participants: $39.00*
- Regular Ticket for Peterborough-Based Participants: $49.00*
- Regular Ticket for Participants Outside of Peterborough: $59.00*
*Plus Eventbrite’s fee.
Who should attend this workshop series?
This workshop series is designed specifically for helping professionals. We define “helping professional” as anyone in a position of interacting with people in providing a service.
How many people can attend?
Registration for this workshop series has been capped at 35 participants.
What is a partner workshop series?
This refers to a workshop series that is being put on by another organization or individual with the support of A Question of Care.
Do I need to attend both of the sessions?
Yes, attendees will receive certificates of attendance for participating in both sessions.
Will these sessions be recorded?
No. These sessions will not be recorded in order to maintain the privacy of participants. The session slides, however, will be sent out.
What is your refund policy?
We can offer refunds up to seven days before the first session. Eventbrite’s fee is nonrefundable. After this period, we can accept substitutions. Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
Who can I contact with further questions?
If you have an accessibility request or any other questions, please contact the QoC Project Lead at or 705-927-3448.
The cost of this workshop series has been subsidized through a partnership with the Peterborough Drug Strategy and its members. Bursaries are available upon request.